Dunn Law Offices


If you live in Albuquerque, NM and your workman’s compensation claim has been denied, you need the expertise of New Mexico Work Comp lawyers at the Dunn Law Offices. Our years of practicing law in New Mexico have been focused solely on Worker’s Compensation. If you have been injured at work here in Albuquerque, New Mexico and you have been denied your worker’s compensation claim, then contact New Mexico Attorneys with Dunn Law Offices.


  1. File a written report with your supervisor, follow any company guidelines for reporting a work related accident and injury.
  2. Seek medical attention needed to treat your injury.
  3. Contact your attorney with work comp questions or if your claim has been denied in Albuquerque.

Download New Mexico NOA form >>

If you have been in a work related accident in Albuquerque, NM, the very first thing you need to do is report the accident to any supervisor in writing that you have been injured. In Albuquerque, written notice must be given to your employer within 15 days of the accident. Your employer is required by law to have a poster, posted in a conspicuous place, that has notice of accident forms stapled to it.

Go to this poster and pull off a notice of accident form. The form will ask for the date of accident, a description of the accident, and have a line for you to sign. Fill it out, and then take it to any supervisor and ask the supervisor to sign it. Be sure to keep a copy of the notice form.

If you cannot find the notice of accident form, take a blank piece of paper and write at the top  “Notice of Accident” and write down the date of the accident and a description of the accident. Sign it, make a copy to keep for yourself, and then give it to a supervisor.

Keep your copy of the notice of accident form in a safe place. You may need it later to prove you gave your employer notice of the accident.

IMPORTANT: If you do not give written notice of the accident within 15 days, your claim for benefits may be barred.

The second thing you need to do is seek medical care for your injuries.

Contact your attorney with work comp questions.

Rodney Dunn

Attorney at Law

Rodney Dunn attended the University of New Mexico, graduating in 2012. After attending college Rodney was admitted to the South Texas College of Law located in downtown Houston. After completing his first year at South Texas College of Law Rodney transferred to the University of New Mexico School of Law. There, in 2016, he received his Doctor of Jurisprudence degree with honors. During law school Rodney was consistently on the dean’s list and honor roll. He also participated in the University of New Mexico Clinical Law Program in which he represented people who could not afford legal counsel. Rodney also was in an externship at the New Mexico Workers’ Compensation Administration. During the externship Rodney was given the opportunity to work with the dispute resolution department, observing and assisting in mediations. Rodney worked during the summers while he was in law school at the Dunn Law Offices as a legal clerk. When he was admitted to the New Mexico State Bar he began to work as an attorney for the Dunn Law Offices. Rodney is licensed as an attorney in the New Mexico State Courts.

    Angela Archibeque


    Rod Dunn

    Of Counsel