If you live in New Mexico and your work comp claim has been denied, you need the expertise of New Mexico Work Comp lawyer Rod Dunn. Attorney Rod Dunn has spent his many years of practicing law in New Mexico focused solely on Worker’s Compensation. If you have been injured at work here in New Mexico and you have been denied your worker’s compensation claim, then contact New Mexico Attorney, Rod Dunn.

Work Comp Albuquerque

Work Comp Santa Fe

Work Comp Farmington

Work Comp Roswell

Work Comp Rio Rancho

Work Comp Las Cruces

Work Comp Corrales

Work Comp Bernalillo


  1. File a written report with your supervisor, follow any company guidelines for reporting a work related accident and injury.
  2. Seek medical attention needed to treat your injury.
  3. Contact your attorney with work comp questions or if your claim has been denied in New Mexico.

Download New Mexico NOA form >>

If you have been in a work related accident in New Mexico, the very first thing you need to do is report the accident to any supervisor in writing that you have been injured. In New Mexico, written notice must be given to your employer within 15 days of the accident. Your employer is required by law to have a poster, posted in a conspicuous place, that has notice of accident forms stapled to it.

Go to this poster and pull off a notice of accident form. The form will ask for the date of accident, a description of the accident, and have a line for you to sign. Fill it out, and then take it to any supervisor and ask the supervisor to sign it. Be sure to keep a copy of the notice form.

If you cannot find the notice of accident form, take a blank piece of paper and write at the top  “Notice of Accident” and write down the date of the accident and a description of the accident. Sign it, make a copy to keep for yourself, and then give it to a supervisor.

Keep your copy of the notice of accident form in a safe place. You may need it later to prove you gave your employer notice of the accident.

IMPORTANT: If you do not give written notice of the accident within 15 days, your claim for benefits may be barred.

The second thing you need to do is seek medical care for your injuries.

Contact your attorney with work comp questions.